SWCRPC provides support for municipal transportation infrastructure planning and implementation efforts, such as:
- Town bridge and culvert inventories
- Town road erosion inventories
- Town road inventories (e.g. Road Surface Management System)
- Traffic counts (i.e. volume, vehicle classification or speed)
- GPS and GIS services
- Capital planning and budgeting
- Grant writing
- Municipal project management
A large focus for us is to assist towns to address the Municipal Roads General Permit (MRGP) per Act 164. See VT DEC’s website for more information about the MRGP, including the permit documentation and requirements for road erosion inventories and related implementation plans.
Please contact Chris Yurek with questions about Municipal Roads General Permit.