Mailing address: 96 Main Street Springfield, VT 05156
2017 Town Plan (adopted 08/14/2017)
- Plan text
- Current Use Maps – Townwide and Downtown
- Facilities and Utilities Maps – Part 1 and Part 2
- Transportation Maps – Main map and Networks Map
- Water Resources and Flood Resilience Map
- Elevation and Soils Map
- Future Land Use Map
- Wildlife Habitat Map
Zoning and Subdivision Regulations
Downtown Master Plan 2015
A project to update Springfield’s Master Plan for the Designated Downtown was completed in December 2015. The purpose of this project was to convene stakeholders together to identify desired initiatives that further revitalization of Downtown Springfield. This project was funded by a FY 2014 Municipal Planning Grant.
This process updated the previous 1995 Springfield Downtown Redevelopment Plan. Click here to see the original master plan for the downtown area.
The following Downtown Master Plan components are available:
- 2015 Downtown Master Plan
- Appendix A Implementation of the 1995 Plan
- Appendix B Town Plan Summary for Act 59
- Appendix C
- Appendix D Summary of Public Input
Main Street Master Plan 2017
The Main Street Master Plan provides a vision and guide for improvements to public spaces and infrastructure that can leverage private investment and economic revitalization of Springfield’s downtown district. It was completed in June 2017 with funds from a Strong Communities, Better Connections grant from VTrans and ACCD. Click here for the final report.
- All appendices
- Appendix A – 2016 Road Erosion Inventory Map
- Appendix B – 2016 Road Erosion Inventory Summary
- Appendix C – 2016 Springfield Bridge and Culvert Inventory Map
- Appendix D – Culverts that may need replacement according to 2016 inventory
- Appendix E – Hydrologically Connected Road Segments Map for Springfield
- Appendix F – Road Erosion Risk Ranking Map for Springfield
- Appendix G – Watershed Sizes as Guidance in Stream Alteration Regulations Map
- Appendix H – Funding Sources Matrix (Last updated May 2016)
Bridge and Culvert Inventory
- Online Springfield Bridge and Culvert Inventory (updated continuously)
- 2016 Springfield Bridge and Culvert Summary
- 2016 Springfield Bridge and Culvert Inventory Map
- Culverts that may need replacement according to 2016 inventory
The Springfield Mural on the Furman’s Building
The Art Team was led by Mona Frye and included Angela Kelly. This talent is really amazing especially when coupled with the commitment to Springfield. Rumor is… they’re looking for another project. Image provided by Carol Lighthall from Springfield on the Move.
Please contact us in the event that a document or any information is out-of-date.