We create and have access to a wide variety of historic and current studies, statistics, and plans on issues that affect our Region. Our resource library includes reference materials, manuals, and handbooks useful to officials in small towns and is open to the public. Materials can be reviewed by appointment, where a staff member can guide you to the right source you need. Some materials are also digital and can be forwarded upon request. Please call with any questions about information we may have.
Below are some of our more recent regional or multi-jurisdictional publications. Additional publications specific to particular subjects can be found under each Program page.
Every five years, we update the Regional Plan, which follows the requirements and guidelines set forth in Vermont law, and includes details concerning the land use and development policies set forth in the municipal plans adopted by each member town in the Region. The Regional Plan guides us in evaluating public and private actions affecting the Region’s communities and is the foundation for our annual work program. It also serves as the Region’s basic planning manual and can be used as a guide by member towns in the local planning process.
The Southern Windsor County Regional Planning Commission wishes to thank all of the individuals who contributed their time and expertise to the revision of the Southern Windsor County Regional Plan.
For more information about the Southern Windsor County Regional Planning Commission please visit our “RPC Board” page
Volume 1 of Regional Plan
- All Chapters (1.9Mb)
- Appendix A (Maps)
- Map 1 – Land Use Land Cover (11Mb)
- Map 2 – Existing Development Pattern (1Mb)
- Map 3 – Future Land Use (2.3Mb)
- Map 4 – Utilities (8.4Mb)
- Map 5 – Agricultural Soils (3.6Mb)
- Map 6 – Wildlife (18Mb)
- Map 7 – Significant Natural Resources (1.3Mb)
- Map 8 – Water Resources and Flood Areas (1Mb) and Map 8 insets (0.6Mb)
- Map 9 – Topographic Constraints (5.1Mb)
- Map 10 – Septic Suitability (1.6Mb)
- Map 11 – Recreation (1.3Mb)
- Appendix B (100kb)
- Appendix C (100kb)
Regional Transportation Plan (Volume 2 of Regional Plan)
Our technical bulletins are short overviews of some of our projects, programs and relevant planning topics. Let us know if there are any topics you would like us to cover in the future.
- Southern Windsor County Brownfield Reuse Project (May 2011)
- Southern Windsor County and the 2010 Census (July 2011)
- Sources of demographic, employment and housing data (July 2011)
- Vermont’s Complete Streets Law (September 2011)
- Housing and Transportation Affordability in Southern Windsor County (May 2012)
- Water Quality (August 2016)
- Roads and the Clean Water Act (September 2016)
The Vermont Association of Planning and Development Organizations statewide report on broadband can be found at: