The SWCRPC offers energy planning services for the Region based on available funding sources. In 2017, the SWCRPC has two new energy planning projects, one for regional energy planning and another to support outreach and technical assistance for local energy planning. Other energy planning services may be supported through funding such as Municipal Planning Grant funding for municipal plan updates to the Energy Chapter, and Transportation Planning Initiative activities that encourage energy efficient modes of transportation, transportation demand management and a resilient transportation network.
Staff contact: Jason Rasmussen
For more information about the requirements for Act 174 enhanced energy plans, visit the Department of Public Service website.
A guidance document was created in 2017 that outlines best practices for municipal enhanced energy planning. The document can be downloaded here.
As of August 2018, Ludlow is the only municipality that has an adopted enhanced energy plan. It is included within the Ludlow Municipal Plan and it can be downloaded from Ludlow’s website.
Other towns are currently working on draft or final draft enhanced energy plans, including Andover, Chester, Reading, Springfield, and Windsor. Baltimore is currently reviewing a draft solar siting policy at this time.
Below are draft energy plans as well as data and maps for each town:
- Andover final draft enhanced energy plan
- Cavendish data and maps
- Chester draft enhanced energy plan
- Ludlow adopted enhanced energy plan (see 2017 Municipal Plan)
- Reading rough draft enhanced energy plan
- Springfield draft enhanced energy plan
- Weathersfield data and maps
- West Windsor data and maps
- Windsor rough draft enhanced energy plan
- Energy Policies and Standards: A guide for Southern Windsor County Communities
- Financing Concepts for Municipal Energy Projects
- 2010 Regional Park-and-Ride Needs Assessment
- 2012 Regional Park & Ride Needs Assessment Addendum
- 2016 Comprehensive Energy Plan for Vermont
- Energy Planning & Implementation Guidebook for VT Communities
- Case Studies: Communities Tackling VT’s Energy Challenges
- Renewable Energy Atlas of VT
- VT Department of Public Service
- Act 174 Recommendations and Determination Standards