The SWCRPC offers energy planning services for the Region based on available funding sources. In 2017, the SWCRPC has two new energy planning projects, one for regional energy planning and another to support outreach and technical assistance for local energy planning. Other energy planning services may be supported through funding such as Municipal Planning Grant funding for municipal plan updates to the Energy Chapter, and Transportation Planning Initiative activities that encourage energy efficient modes of transportation, transportation demand management and a resilient transportation network.
Staff contact: Jason Rasmussen
- Regional Energy Plan REVISED DRAFT 01-31-2018 (Revised Draft)
- Appendix A – Energy Data Summaries
- Appendix B – Regional Energy Maps
- Appendix C – Glossary
- Appendix D – Acronyms
Please contact Jason Rasmussen if you have questions or comments.
For more information about the requirements for Act 174 enhanced energy plans, visit the Department of Public Service website.
A guidance document was created in 2017 that outlines best practices for municipal enhanced energy planning. The document can be downloaded below. The Best Practices document includes a number of references from Ludlow’s draft Enhanced Energy Plan. As of November 2017, Ludlow’s plan is in the middle of the local adoption process. The final draft Ludlow plan may serve as an example and it can be downloaded below:
- Municipal Enhanced Energy Planning: Best Practices and Resources
- 2017 Final Draft Ludlow Enhanced Energy Plan
Below are data and maps to support enhanced energy planning in each town:
- Energy Policies and Standards: A guide for Southern Windsor County Communities
- Financing Concepts for Municipal Energy Projects
- 2010 Regional Park-and-Ride Needs Assessment
- 2012 Regional Park & Ride Needs Assessment Addendum
- 2016 Comprehensive Energy Plan for Vermont
- Energy Planning & Implementation Guidebook for VT Communities
- Case Studies: Communities Tackling VT’s Energy Challenges
- Renewable Energy Atlas of VT
- VT Department of Public Service
- Act 174 Recommendations and Determination Standards