The SWCRPC offers energy planning services for the Region based on available funding sources. In 2017, the SWCRPC has two new energy planning projects, one for regional energy planning and another to support outreach and technical assistance for local energy planning. Other energy planning services may be supported through funding such as Municipal Planning Grant funding for municipal plan updates to the Energy Chapter, and Transportation Planning Initiative activities that encourage energy efficient modes of transportation, transportation demand management and a resilient transportation network.
Staff contact: Jason Rasmussen
- Outreach to municipalities and the general public about Act 174; and,
- Local technical assistance with municipal energy planning.
Our first outreach meeting was held on December 8, 2016 in Springfield. A second meeting is anticipated to be held in late April or May 2017.
We are working three communities to develop municipal energy plans and maps by the end of July 2017. We will also be providing other towns with energy data and maps to assist with future local energy planning efforts.
- Energy Policies and Standards: A guide for Southern Windsor County Communities
- Financing Concepts for Municipal Energy Projects
- 2010 Regional Park-and-Ride Needs Assessment
- 2012 Regional Park & Ride Needs Assessment Addendum
- 2016 Comprehensive Energy Plan for Vermont
- Energy Planning & Implementation Guidebook for VT Communities
- Case Studies: Communities Tackling VT’s Energy Challenges
- Renewable Energy Atlas of VT
- VT Department of Public Service
- Act 174 Recommendations and Determination Standards