In early 2016, Southeast Vermont Transit evaluated some of “The Current” bus routes mainly in the Springfield, Bellows Falls and Ludlow areas. Finding out why existing riders use the buses, as well as why potential riders currently do not, was very important to this project.
Which bus routes were included?
- Springfield In-Town (#1)
- Bellows Falls In-Town (#2)
- Bellows Falls to Springfield (#55)
- Bellows Falls to Ludlow (and Rutland) (#57)
- Bellows Falls to Okemo (#61) (seasonal)
For more information on existing bus routes, see www.crtransit.org
April 12th Public Meetings
What is project timeline?
- December 2015 – Outreach about the project begins
- January 2016 – Online survey available for the public – 1/4/2016 through 1/24/2016
- February – March 2016 – Analysis of survey results. Steering committee review results and other data to develop draft recommendations.
- March 28, 2016 – Draft report available for review
- April 12, 2016 – Public meetings
- April 18, 2016 – Comments due on draft report to Katharine Otto
- June 2016 – Publish final report
Documents were posted here as they become available:
- Survey poster for notice boards in offices, waiting rooms, entrance ways, etc.
- Survey Press Release (12/28/2015)
- Television Interview about Survey (1/13/2016)
- Draft Report (3/28/2018)
- Interactive map of ridership and bus stop data
- Public Meeting Invitation for notice boards in offices, waiting rooms, entrance ways, etc.
- Public Meeting Press Release (4/6/2016)
- Public Meeting Presentation (4/12/2016)
- Eagle Times Article (4/13/2016)
- Final Report Press Release (6/2/2016)
- Final Report (6/2/2016)
How can I get project updates?
We have an email list specifically for this project – compiled using a wide variety of networks in the Springfield, Bellows Falls and Ludlow areas. This project is now complete, but if you would like to be added to the email lists for similar projects in the future, please email Katharine Otto – firstname.lastname@example.org
Who was involved in the project?
The main people involved in this project were:
- Katharine Otto – Planner for Southern Windsor County RPC
- Rebecca Gagnon – General Manager for The Current division of SEVT
- Tim Bradshaw – Transit Coordinator for VTrans
- Ed Tarvit – Operations Manager for The Current division of SEVT
- Michelle Ovitt – The Current division of SEVT